This summer is shaping up to be a hot one! Luckily, there are plenty of ways to enjoy those carefree summer days without spending too much time in the sun — and with no road trip required. Here’s how you can beat the heat with a summer staycation in the Triangle area in Raleigh-Durham this weekend.
Where is there air conditioning and plenty to do indoors? The mall! The Triangle is known for its indoor shopping destinations, so you have plenty of choices when it comes to shopping and dining in style:
- The Streets at Southpoint in Durham
- University Place in Chapel Hill
- Carr Mill Mall in Carrboro
- Crabtree Valley Mall and Triangle Town Center in Raleigh
- Cary Towne Center in Cary
Wander Around a Museum
With so many choices in Durham and Raleigh alone, you could plan an entire afternoon around exploring local museums. Learn about science, art, history, and more from these fun cultural attractions around the Triangle:
- Museum of Life + Science in Durham
- Ackland Art Museum and Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill
- Orange County Historical Museum in Hillsborough
- NC Museum of Art and NC Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh
- Page-Walker Arts and History Center in Cary
Spend an Evening Under the Stars
- America Tobacco Campus in Durham
- Durham Bulls baseball games in Durham
- 2nd Friday Art Walk in Chapel Hill and Carrboro
- Summer Films at the NC Museum of Art in Raleigh
- Movies by Moonlight at Koka Booth Amphitheatre in Cary
- Music & Movies in the Park in Apex
Cool Off by the Lake or Pool
What’s summer without a little bit of fun by the water? Whether you want to spend time at the beach (without driving to North Carolina’s coast) or want to splash around at a local pool, you have plenty of options for beating the summer heat around the Triangle:
- Edison Johnson Aquatics Center and Campus Hills Pool in Durham
- Pullen Park Aquatic Center and Buffaloe Road Aquatic Center in Raleigh
- Falls Lake State Recreation Area in Wake Forest
- Jordan Lake State Recreation Area in Apex
Want to enjoy the pool without leaving home? We can help you find a community or a home with a pool! View a list of public pools in the Raleigh, Durham, Triangle area or reach out to your neighborhood specialist to learn more local places to cool off.
Our Team Knows Durham Inside and Out
Lisa Ellis and Company with Real Estate by Design have an insatiable passion for real estate, unparalleled knowledge of the Triangle area, and innovative approach that sets us above the rest as your Raleigh-Durham real estate agents. Our team provides step-by-step professional assistance from the listing your home or finding your new home through the closing. We are here to exceed expectations and ensure clients succeed and achieve their goals.
This year, Lisa Ellis was voted as one of the Best Real Estate Agents in Durham in the Durham Magazine.
Thank you, Durham!